We believe in the idea of
“education for all!”
A Capacity-Building initiative of Ishanya India Foundation for caregivers, special educators, trainers, mentors & professionals to train individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder in rural Karnataka
This basic course gives a sneak peek into the world of autism. It covers important topics including identifying red flag signs, understanding the characteristic features, learning about diagnostic tools, and intervention methods apart from understanding the importance and methods of training pre-vocational, vocational skills, and employability skills.
To begin with, we have partnered with Autism Society of Udupi in coastal Karnataka and as a part of phase 1, we are working with 70+ educators & caregivers from 10+ organizations.
Along with building capacity, our aim is to build a community of educators, caregivers & professionals who can be connected & assist each other as & when required.
Post the training, participants will be added to specific cohort groups. Here, they will be able to discuss specific cases, seek help & request further assistance.
Emphasis will be given to discussions on best practices & specific strategies for most common scenarios with example case studies and evaluation methodologies
Special educators, parents, care givers & professionals who are working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Identifying red flag signs
- Understanding the characteristic features of ASD
- Learning about diagnostic tools, and intervention methods
- Training methodologies
- Prevocational & vocational skills
- Employability skills.
- 2 full days of training on the basics of ASD, training methods & strategies
- Access to workbooks with curated content & case studies
- Meet like-minded parents & professionals & learn from each other's experiences
- You will be added to a WhatsApp group, where you can discuss specific case studies & get help
- Stay connected with your batch mates
- Training completion certificate
Since this is a group training, the request for training should come from an organization working in the field of disability. If you are an educator or a professional working in the field of disability please request your organization to get in touch with us.
If you are a parent or a caregiver, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we will provide you with the relevant details