Our commitment to privacy
Ishanya India Foundation is committed to providing privacy for our web site visitors as well as recipients of our email messages. Ishanya India Foundation promotes the tenets of opt-in email and privacy among our partners and employees. We are continuously evaluating our internal procedures and technology to ensure privacy at all levels in our organization.
We collect personal information from you in various ways, for example:
- If you supply personal information when using this Website;
- When you supply personal details in the course of registering support;
- When you make a donation through our appointed partner, in which case they will provide us with this information – see also section headed Third Party Platforms below;
- When you sign-up to receive newsletters or email notifications from us;
- If you order any merchandise; and/or
- If you raise a query or issue with us.
The type of personal information we collect includes your name, email address, home (or work) address, phone number, and other personal details which you may choose to provide. Any credit card or debit card data you provide is securely handled by our third-party payment processor (or such other third-party payment processor) as we use from time to time. We never store your credit or debit card details.
We may also collect information about your use of our website (for example, the URL you came from; your browser type and the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit). For more information on how we do this, please see the section headed ‘Cookies’ below.
Use of Information
We may use your Personal Data about you for the following purposes:
- providing you with access to our website as well as administering or developing Website features or content;
- fundraising or direct marketing purposes. Where you have expressly consented to us doing so in accordance with applicable law, we may contact you for these purposes by telephone or electronic message (e.g., email or SMS). We may also contact you by post from time to time, unless you have told us that you do not want to receive these communications. If you wish to update your Personal Data or opt-out of receiving further fundraising or marketing communications from us please get in touch at the address shown in the Contact section below;
- administering any ongoing donations or support you provide;
- providing you with news about us or any projects, campaigns, or events that we may be involved in;
- where you have agreed to take part in a survey or research;
- we may also use tools to geo-locate the IP address when someone lands on www.ishanyaindia.org
- We may also occasionally use Personal Data for the purpose of profiling (see the Profiling section below).
We may also contact you for other purposes that you consent to from time to time.
We aim to collect and process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws that regulate data protection and privacy. This includes the Information Technology Rules of 2011.
Please note that we may occasionally use Personal Data to conduct profiling of certain donors or to conduct analysis of our donor database or persons who have positively expressed an interest in attending one of our events. This will help us target communications with our donors in a more relevant, efficient and cost effective way, helping us reduce the chances of donors receiving inappropriate or irrelevant communications. To do this profiling we may cross-check certain Personal Data against public sources to get a better understanding of who our donors are. You can object to such use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time by contacting us at the address shown in the contact section below. For more information about the profiling that we do please contact us at email@example.com.
Disclosing personal data to third parties
Your access rights
In accordance with your legal rights under the IT act of India, you can request to receive information regarding the Personal Data that we collect about you; what we use that Personal Data for, and to who it may be disclosed. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any more information regarding the same. Where the law allows, we may request a fee to cover our administrative expenses in responding and may also require further information to verify your identity or locate the specific information you seek before we can respond in full.
Security to protect personal data
We employ appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect Personal Data from being accessed by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage. We also endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Data from external threats. However, please be aware that there are always inherent risks in sending information by public networks or using public computers and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of all data disclosed or transmitted to us.
We will retain certain Personal Data in respect of financial transactions for at least as long as the law requires us to for tax or accounting purposes. In respect of the holding of Personal Data for fundraising or direct marketing purposes, we will retain this data for a limited period in line with recommendations of the statutory bodies.
By using this Website, you consent to us using ‘cookies’ and similar technologies that can track your activity. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox) on the computer or device you use to access this Website, which enables our server to collect information from your device browser.
Enabling some of these cookies is not strictly necessary for the Website to work but it should enable us to provide you with a better browsing experience. Cookies can be deleted or blocked by changing your web browser settings, however, some features of the Website may not work as intended and you may not be able to access parts of the Website. The cookie-related information will not be used for personal identification of individuals and data relating to usage patterns on our Website is kept under our control. These cookies will be used for the following purposes:
- To improve Website usability
- So we can remember your device or computer between successive actions or sessions
- To perform anonymous statistical analysis to improve the functionality of our Website or any services we offer through the Website.
Our Website also makes use of Google Analytics and similar or related analytic products to store information that you send to the server when using the Website. This data includes IP address, pages accessed, and documents uploaded, modified, or deleted.
For more information about Google Analytics and its privacy practices, please see https://support.google.com/analytics/topic/2919631?hl=en&ref_topic=1008008.
Third party platforms
If you have further queries or requests relating to how we use Personal Data please contact our office at email@example.com.