Operations, Accounts & Communication
The job entails managing relationships with diverse stakeholders along with high accountability and time management. You will be reporting to the director providing operational updates, managing everyday tasks & facilitating necessary requirements.
You will act as a bridge between parents & educators, and pass on relevant information as & when needed. You will also be managing day-to-day accounting & also work towards ensuring smooth operations at the center.
You will be responsible for:
- Administering day‐to‐day activities ‐ housekeeping, maintenance, etc.
- Managing the calendar, scheduling classes & attendance maintenance
- Incharge of various events held at Ishanya ‐ planning & delegation
- Training students in office and admin related work
- Arranging staff and trust meetings and maintaining minutes
- Maintaining admission & first contact forms
- Purchase of stationery, household items, etc.
- Following up on deadlines agreed upon in meetings
- Schedule & facilitate Staff & Parents Teacher Meetings
- Talent acquisition and payroll management
- Facilitate interviews, preparing offer letters, leave policy, etc.
- Look for opportunities for collaborations
- Communicating with Parents via Phone/WhatsApp/Email
- Email communication with collaborators and other associates of the organization
- External / Media communication
Accounts & Finance
- Maintaining day‐to‐day accounts
- Bank transactions
- Monthly payments ‐ Rent, Salary, TDS, water, electricity, internet & phone
- Co‐ordinating with the auditor for final accounts, tax returns, and other formalities
- Yearly budgeting
- Fee reminders, calculation & receipts
The ideal candidate would have:
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills – written & spoken
- Ability to make a pitch & document requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting
- Experience in managing multiple priorities, administrative coordination & logistics
- Extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task with great follow-up skills
A few extra good-to-have skills
- If you have worked for a non-profit/NGO before
- If you have the experience of drafting project proposals
- Have working knowledge of Tally or any other similar accounting software
Apply for the position